Monday, May 01, 2006

It's The Little Things...

...that make life grand.

  • The other day, I received a phone call from Almar...turns out that Avalon Bay, the management company for the old Milpitas apartment complex we stayed at (ye old Bexley place -- aah, memories) was involved in a class action lawsuit, and he received a check for $120...sixty of which is mine. Yay! I see a nice bottle of first-growth Bordeaux in my near future!
  • I now have 2 spiders in my house. One daddy longlegs in the bathroom and one in the washer/dryer closet. I know they're good creatures, but I still hate spiders.
  • You know you're old when you spot a grey nose hair in addition to the three growing on your head.
  • Gas prices are so inflated right now that for only $1/gallon more, I can get 100 octane unleaded racing gas.
  • Coming back from a visit to Walnut Creek last night, I almost became one of those idiots that I make fun of on the San Mateo Bridge... I used all my cash at the Pyramid Brewery and only had two dollar bills in my pocket. Thank goodness I decided to leave my U.S. coin currency in my ashtray while I was in Canada last month -- I found the four quarters I needed.
  • Yesterday was such a gorgeous day.

I never truly understood why people said The Thirties are the best years of your life... Until now.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:

At 5/01/2006 1:43 PM, Blogger bev said...

spiders...have more spider friends. get rid of them!!!

 
At 5/01/2006 11:20 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Shop vacs make good spider catchers.

And for ants too.

I wouldn't go back to Pyramid for the food.

 
At 5/02/2006 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen about the 30's comment! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home