Thursday, March 30, 2006

Cream Brule

Yes, I know it's spelled wrong. But that's how it was in the menu.
Tin, OJ, Shirley and I decided to have dinner at Brisdini in Belden Place. I never knew this little alley existed...basically a street open to foot traffic only. It had lights strewn across the alley overhead, with quaint outdoor seating for the restaurants. The food was quite good -- I was pleased with simplicity of my red snapper dish (sitting on a bed of crab meat risotto!) I hate it when they smother red snapper with all this crap to cover up the fish taste; here, it was just salt & pepper. Yummy. And the meat was firm & flaky, just the way I like it. I keep forgetting to shoot more food pictures during dinner (I was a bit distracted by the good wine, good food, and good company) so here's one of dessert:

pic 002

More pictures here.

If I keep up this eating out business, I'm going to lose the fatboy challenge. Time to really buckle down and eat right. I can just feel those inches of gelatinous fat creeping around my jiggling waistline.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 3/30/2006 3:09 PM, Blogger laragitara said...

You gotta go to Plouf. Chef there is Thomas Weibull, of Les Amis. The mussels in coconut milk is to die! Also, try Cafe Bastille, it's a mainstay.

Check out Cafe Claude on Claude Lane a block away from Belden Alley. Also a good bet. Cafe de la Presse, another block or 2 away is also always good.

Bon appetit!

 
At 3/31/2006 9:25 AM, Blogger double R said...

i love fine dining! you'll have to check out some of the numerous restaurants here in van when you come to visit...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home