Thursday, April 20, 2006

Jacked.

This word seems to always remind me of Bryan (he used to point at me and say that one word). But at this point in time it adequately describes me to a tee (with a capital T). I can't sleep; my work & sleep schedule is in disarray; my old daily driver finally breathed its last breath (the motor went south on my brother making lots and lots of metal grinding noises -- I suspect a spun bearing); I haven't worked out for three freakin weeks; and my apartment is a mess.

Next week I'll devote some time to setup a more regular schedule. As it stands now, I don't know when I'm in the office and when I'm at home...what's worse, I've totally lost the distinction between home & work, with conference calls as early as 7AM and as late as 11PM. But I guess I asked for it -- I volunteered to take on the Asia region (GMT+9 timezone) -- and I left my old company because I was bored there.

Despite this new role in a new company and the associated readjustment difficulties, I'm definitely glad I made the jump. No one bad mouths each other or the company or the process. People aren't frustrated that things aren't getting done. And I get to travel! So it is now coming up on the wee hours of day nine as a Motorolan and I'm pleased to report that all is well.



Oh, and there's one other thing going really well.
(But I'll save that for a later post.)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 4/22/2006 8:22 PM, Blogger Big Sexy said...

I'm glad that things are working out between the both of ya.

Work will always be work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home