Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Me So Happy

It's twenty after midnight and I can't sleep...so I might as well put some miles on the keyboard of this Thinkpad while I enjoy some tunes from a couple of OPM classics CDs...it's been playing for the past couple of days -- stuff that I haven't heard in a long time. (I think that time sitting in front of my parents' TFC subscription has got me craving some tagalog somehow -- if only I wasn't so much of a coconut; I could only make out about 50-60% of the lyrics).

Let's see...it's been a week since I've sent out anything. So an update...
  • While my brother was up here last week, he helped me haul home a somewhat new (demo/floor model) Samsung TV. I'm going to return it. It's a lot of money ($600) to pay for HD programming that isn't there (and they were asking one hundred freakin dollars for a damned DVI to HDMI cable!!! WTF!?!?), a picture tube that is of incredibly crappy quality, and a user interface/remote control that just plain blows. That kind of money is better spent on a used DLP projector (for movies) and a smallish TV to satisfy those rare occassions when guests are over. It's funny how after 4 months without a boob toob, a new TV still sits idle except to watch DVDs. Or The Sharks (if I'm home to catch a game - I can't believe they lost to Columbus by the way).
  • Here's pictures from the funeral ceremony for my beloved Sony KV32XBR48 Trinitron. Thanks to help from Randy, I was able to say my goodbyes in the only way possible to one of the best picture tubes I've ever seen...by smashing it with a hammer. It makes a cool hissing sound, by the way.


  • After a 2 week workout hiatus (being sick and visiting the parents) I restarted tonight -- it's amazing how much I regress after only 2 weeks -- I was struggling with just one plate on the flat bench press. :(
  • I miss my (dorky) old team from VMware. Regardless of whatever struggles I had at work, the people I worked with always managed to make things better.

  • Making travel arrangements for a two city European tour for close to forty performing artists sure is fun. Speaking of which...Bryan suggested fundraisers for our trip (and boy, are we going to need it!!), after seeing the success of his choir's fundraiser at Baker St. Bistro Monday night (excellent food and even better singing, well worth my money!!) I think it's a great idea.
  • Turning 35 really isn't all that bad. It definitely doesn't compare to the freakout that happened when I turned 30. (I had fun though at the Ruby Skye pre-party!)
  • My goddaughter cracks me up sometimes. Last week I asked her what she wanted for her fifth birthday present. What does she say? Well..."I want a jack-in-the-box Ninong because I asked for it last year and you didn't get it for me." (Her parents were laughing their butts off) Oh my. It's now waaaay past her birthday (the day before mine) and I've spent the past few days searching for one with no luck. I'll make one last attempt tomorrow (no way I'm letting down a five year old).
  • I gotta get off my ass and sell that S2000 so I can get crackin' on a track car. It blows to be sitting in the pits watching my brother have all the fun. Even if it's in the rain.


  • I'm excited for the trip up the coast next week. I have a feeling 5 days is not nearly enough time to rekindle my love affair with Vancouver, start a new one with the rugged Oregon coast, and maintain the ongoing relationship with the car of my dreams (well, one of them at least -- that blazing red 1984 Ferrari 288 GTO is next).
pic 057
  • Pictures from my road trip to San Diego are here. It turns out that I missed the wildflowers at Anza Borrego (boo!). I was only able to see this once in my lifetime so far (it was freakin' spectacular!) but stupid me didn't have a camera. I'm going to catch it on film next year. Oh yes...I will.
  • These are the best damned cookies I have EVER had. (Thanks Tina!) But jeezus -- 150 calories for two tiny cookies?!? Maybe Canadian calories are less than U.S. calories? :)

OK, that's it for now. I'm sleepy.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:

At 3/29/2006 12:35 PM, Blogger bev said...

there are a bunch online; maybe you should just order it:

http://www.growingtreetoys.com/product/4816

 
At 3/29/2006 4:55 PM, Blogger Randy said...

happy? you must have had sex. congrats!

 
At 3/29/2006 5:27 PM, Blogger VirtualErn said...

Hahahaha... Um, no. And even if I did, I'm not going to talk about it on this page. :)

But I'm definitely happy nonetheless. Quite happy. And I'm real excited to cap off this break with a week long road trip spent with my camera.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home