Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Firefox Rules!

And no, I'm not talking about that really cool Clint Eastwood movie from the early eighties that little jet plane geeks like me watched.

I'm talking about the web browser...Ever since I've left the "individual contributor" fold, I've been farther and farther away from all this geeky technology stuff. But I still thoroughly enjoy working with a fabulous piece of software. Like the Firefox web browser.

I love the tabbing and the pop up blockers. But what I really really love are the extensions. Here are my must-haves:
  • GMail Notifier: So I can instantly respond to e-mails the moment they arrive. Why? Because I have no life. :)
  • Tab Mix Plus: I have my tabs setup just the way I like 'em, "popping under" as it were
  • SessionSaver: I just found out about this yesterday -- super duper cool. Close the browser, and all your tabs are remembered. So... the next time you open the browser, all the tabs reappear! Excellent.
Now if only people would stop creating IE-only webpages. Then I wouldn't need to have the "Only Open in IE" extension.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 11/30/2005 3:55 PM, Blogger ojpt said...

Firefox supports color management -- meaning photos in webpages appear as the author intends. IE doesn't do this yet, that's why I use firefox.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home