Sunday, November 27, 2005

Stick a Fork In Me, I'm Done.


What a way to cap a weekend food binge...My auntie & uncle did things up in their usual fashion: king crab legs, sisig that was holy-freakin'-crap-good, dilis (I don't even remember the last time I had those little fried fishies!!!), prime rib, baked salmon, albacore salad (with fresh albacore), salt & pepper chicken wings, and some other dishes that I passed up on (like pinakbet-hehehe). My mom joined in the fray with her (damned good) cassava cake and some vegetable stir fry. My cousin's girlfriend added a delicious butter bean salad to the mix -- boiled butter beans, real bacon bits, onions caramelized in the leftover bacon grease, and the topper - french goat cheese. Was that enough? Of course not! We topped it off by making some real smores over the fire pit in the backyard (Hershey's chocolate bar + Safeway brand marshmallows & graham crackers). It didn't occur to me until that night that I've never made smores before. Yet another artifact of San Diego Unified skipping 6th grade camp our year.

Some dark + blurry pics of the food here.

Oh, and this is what happens when you let my brother put up the X-mas decorations...
More to come from this nice San Diego holiday as soon as I get the slides processed.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 11/28/2005 12:09 PM, Blogger bev said...

haha nice! what is that thing under his name supposed to be?

 
At 11/28/2005 12:48 PM, Blogger VirtualErn said...

Lights on a rope. Dunno what he was trying to do. Crazy siblings...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home