Friday, November 18, 2005

Potpourri

Curses.
There's a 220 pound weight limit on jumping out of an airplane. That means I still have another 10-15 pounds to go. And the holidays are coming up.
Double curses.

Oh well...maybe I'll spend this winter learning how to ski or snowboard. I've been putting it off for far too long. I wonder if you need to be proficient at skateboarding or roller skates or rollerblading or ice skating to be successful at this? (I never was.)

Our company just got these little four seater golf cart thingies delivered today to shuttle us back and forth between the buildings. Golf carts + beer bash + bored engineers on a Friday afternoon == mayhem.

I just found out that Bic Runga has a new album at the end of the month. Yay.

Secret Confession #1: I actually got excited walking past the H&M grand opening party last night. I should've tried harder to convince Tin & OJ to try to crash it. :)

Secret Confession #2: I want to go shopping. I need a new jacket, new brown shoes and new bed sheets.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

5 Comments:

At 11/18/2005 3:35 PM, Blogger bev said...

i can roller skate and ice skate but absolutely SUCK at snowboarding. so I don't think there's a connection (unless you have to be good at skateboarding to be good at snowboarding since they're similar concepts).

Secret Confession #3: if I was with you guys when secret confession #1 occurred, I definitely would have tried to get you guys to crash it.

Secret Confession #4: (re: SC #2) banana republic sale starts tomorrow.

 
At 11/18/2005 4:06 PM, Blogger ojpt said...

Secret confession: I took ice skating lessons as a child. And no, not the speed skating or hockey kind. It was figure skating.

Oh, and I can teach you how to ski. I have only one requirement -- you must start at the very top of the mountain.

 
At 11/18/2005 4:15 PM, Blogger VirtualErn said...

Bev, I'm actually going to Banana to check out some brown shoes that I was told were on sale for like $60. Oh my gawd, this is turning into a shopping blog. Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!! :)

Wait, OJ...I thought you were a olympic medalist speed skater? You mean that wasn't you? ;) I'm definitely down for skiing. I heard that the only way to learn is to just throw yourself off the mountain with no fear -- the moment you let fear in, you start falling. Besides, it'll give me an excuse to pick up a nice 4WD turbo car like a Skyline GT-R or EVO VIII. hehhehehe

 
At 11/18/2005 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*envious* those golf carts would've been quite useful during a couple of my studies at the main hospital. I had to lug all my equipment and instruments up & down the dreaded hill. As a last resort I used my female persuasion to get one of the guys to drive me. Still, it really would've been handy to have one of those around. *sigh* I guess I could consider the labor an intensive workout.

Bic Runga's voice is so mellow. I love her song Sway...

Say you'll stay, don't come and go
Like you do
Sway my way, yeah I need to know
All about you


...have an eventful weekend! --anne

 
At 11/18/2005 4:32 PM, Blogger Randy said...

you better call me for the golf cart rides! those are fun! evo=YES! i know how to roller skate, skateboard, roller-blade...when first time ice skating, it was hard as hell. i also can surf a bit...but snowboarding is way different. i've always wanted to snowboard but i'd rather crash gears in the evo...soon to by mine evo ix.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home