Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Use a Bigger Hammer

My, what a big lens you have...

So I decided to play wannabe again and picked out a nifty all-mechanical 6x6 to (hopefully) fill the empty black square frames sitting in the living room. I'm nowhere near the talent level of some people I know, so I'm hoping a big fat lens and a shiny expensive camera will make up for the lack of photographic knowhow. [evil laugh] I'm praying that the weather and light gods will shine down upon me this weekend and let me put this beautiful Swedish tool to some hard work. I think I'm going to forego the metering viewfinder and just go with a handheld Sekonic. It's way too cumbersome to figure out the thing, it's heavy, it darkens the bright ground glass, I lose the whole waistfinder action, and it's not linked to the lens so I'm basically better off with a handheld. Oh well, lesson learned. I wish I had the money to actually buy a camera like this...it just looks SO cool.

Gary, you really missed out on karting tonight. You gotta stop working so hard!! Hopefully after you become a seasoned veteran at your company you can start slacking off. :) We all had a blast, but a few of us had issues with inconsistent cars (such as bad alignment). We only did the Triple Shot Tuesday thing (three practice sessions for $45) so it was more of a practice. Everyone learned it pretty quickly, and got some good times in the second session. I'll definitely plan on something either next month or January -- and we'll make it a race, with the full deal: qualifying for grid, then dicing for position...hopefully we can get more guys to come out so we can have the track to ourselves.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 11/23/2005 1:54 AM, Blogger ojpt said...

Damn I'm drooling over that camera ernie! Though, I would use the 80mm Normal. Then I'd have to rename my site eightynormal.com [thanks for visiting, BTW!].

oh and fun times at the kart track tonight, I think I could have been a contender in the third heat if my car didn't have the dreaded understeer... ugh!

 
At 11/24/2005 5:04 PM, Blogger Big Sexy said...

my car had huge handling problems at the last race. It just wouldn't turn the way I wanted it to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home