Monday, November 21, 2005

Exotic

It must be fun to be a copy writer sometimes. If you can't read the text...
The exotic mango, when eaten fresh, is luscious, tangy and juicy. Mariani Premium Mango has captured the ambrosial flavor and the creamy smooth, silky texture of a fresh ripe mango. The only thing missing is the juice running down your chin. A real taste experience!
I imagine some hairy fat white guy wearing a stained wifebeater, locked away in a dark room somewhere, staring at empty plastic bags of dried mangos, sugar and drool on his mouth, pecking away at a keyboard...

So my brother and I are thinking of making a trek out to Europe next year to catch a glimpse of Mr. Rossi live in front of several hundred thousand rabid screaming fans before he decides to retire from MotoGP. The schedule is:

March 26 - Jerez, Spain
April 8 - Doha, Qatar (Saturday)
April 23 - Istanbul, Turkey
May 7 - Shanghai, China
May 21 - Le Mans, France
June 4 - Mugello, Italy
June 11 - Catalunya, Spain
June 24 - Assen, Netherlands (Saturday)
July 2 - Sachsenring, Germany
July 16 - Donington Park, Great Britain
July 23 - Laguna Seca, United States
August 20 - Brno, Czech Republic
September 10 - Sepang, Malaysia
September 17 - Phillip Island, Australia
September 24 - Motegi, Japan
October 8 - Estoril, Portugal
October 29 - Valencia, Spain

They say the ones to go to are Mugello, Catalunya, Donington Park and Valencia. Given that I'll have blown my entire vacation on the tour next year, I'm thinking I should either aim for Catalunya or Donington Park? But Spain really sounds like the way to go, especially since it'll be the last race of the season. And by that time I may have enough PTO for a short trek out. But if we're going to be in Europe for MotoGP, I'm thinking we should try and time it to catch F1 too. I must see Schumi haulin' ass in a blood red Ferrari V10 screaming at 15K RPM before I die.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

At 11/22/2005 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spain is absolutely beautiful in the late fall...not too hot, not too cold. If you're taking a poll, here's a vote for Valencia!

I'm really enjoying your blog...just the right balance of wit, tech-ness, and nostalgia.

 
At 11/22/2005 9:06 AM, Blogger VirtualErn said...

Thanks! I've never actually been to Spain (or to Europe, for that matter). Will definitely consider Spain in fall...

 
At 11/22/2005 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He will be at Laguna Seca again in July. See him there, and in Europe! But if you do, bring ear protection, motogp bikes painfully load. Reminds me of the sound of ripping sheet metal.

Jamie

 
At 11/22/2005 3:26 PM, Blogger VirtualErn said...

Jamie!!! 'Sup man!
I saw him this past year at Laguna. It was a freakin' blast! I was rooting for Hayden the whole weekend -- ended up winning a carne asada burrito cuz of his performance. :) I couldn't *believe* how loud the MotoGP bikes were...Was comparable to the 550 Maranellos at ALMS -- and I didn't think anything from this world could make a sound like that.

Regretfully, won't be able to see him again this year at Laguna -- gonna (fingers crossed) be in Europe for a tour with our company in July.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home