Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Nights in White Satin

With each passing day, I struggle to retain what few memories remain of her. Bits of scattered fragments of a time and place long since forgotten within the annals of time linger through my thoughts...A word, a look, a feeling. The sands of time, slowly careening off the cliff of past moments, serve to filter the human experience and transform them into fond and treasured memories. After the rise and fall of many a moon, these memories no longer hold an accurate rendition, and instead become tainted by sentiment, fascination, and a longing for what I really wanted them to be. Eventually, the memory I had of "her" evolves into some romanticized & idealized vision of an angelic being that exists not in any reality that we know of. Yet this fails to deter me...

And so I search, with eager anticipation, like the pre-sugar-infused-child digging through the spoils from a night of trick-or-treating... Armed only with my will and the desire for something else, I hang on to the merry-go-round of life; plundering, questioning, and learning in this never-ending pursuit of my identity & self-worth. And maybe one day, through some inexplicable combination of timing and luck, I just may end up with that brass ring.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 10/19/2005 11:26 AM, Blogger laragitara said...

dude...

:-)

 
At 10/19/2005 9:41 PM, Blogger Big Sexy said...

Dang Dood...... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home