Monday, October 17, 2005

Wooooooooo!

It's from Michael Jackson's bestest album ever (Off The Wall) and I've only known one person to really do that line right (Randy, you know who - hehe). And it echoes my sentiment exactly as the album cranks through my new (old) toy:

Folks that know me well know that my priorities have always been pretty warped since I was young...While everyone around me was drooling over Heather Thomas & Daisy Dukes, I was drooling over Krell power amps and Carver ribbon speakers. Even now, when what I really should be worrying about are retirement plans and college tuition savings accounts for kids that I may one day have, I'm stressed out over a tape deck. My beloved Aiwa AD-F810 demo model from Fedco broke a few months ago after 7 years of service. I found a cheap-ass replacement courtesy eBay (a NAD 6100), and oh boy did it SUCK. Lots of wow & flutter, barely played my 90 minute tapes, crappy frequency response...it was just a horrendous piece of crap. So a couple of weeks ago, I found a replacement, and it arrived today. Woooooooooooooooooooo! 3-heads, 4 motors, dual capstan closed-loop transport, Dolby B & C, HX Pro, bias fine adjustment, and a tape well designed to isolate vibrations. This thing sings. Screw those overpriced Nakamichis. And it only cost me thirty bucks!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home