Thursday, October 13, 2005

Running in the Family

What am absolutely gorgeous night!!!

It's beautiful warm evenings like these that make life worth living, a reminder of why we pay so much to live here.


...Bliss.

And so while Tammy Wynette fills the apartment with songs of lost love and my farm-raised Steelhead Trout fillet bakes away in the black Whirlpool oven, I'll ponder a bit about something I saw yesterday:
A happy and harmonious family is important to you.
The message was scribbled away on a piece of paper, courtesy Chef Chu, tucked inside the fortune cookie I happened to choose after Wednesday's weekly company lunch. A special cookie chosen at random from the myriad pile of a hundred or so sitting solitary on the white dining table. My officemate tells me that she observes it in how I manage my team. So that, and Mrs. Cruz's prego comment yesterday (maybe I am pregnant?) got me thinking to where I thought I would be at this point in time...34 going on 35, unmarried, no kids, no house. Conventional Southern California Navy Filipino Town Thinking has me in a marriage celebrating my seventh (or so) anniversary with the two and a half kids. Am I selfish for not making it a priority in my life?

Strange...I find so much satisfaction in life out of the family environment: my direct reports @ work; my peers in the Rondalla; my circle of expatriated San Diego friends. Yet, I don't have a family of my own. Maybe someday I'll find the guts to actually commit to something real in my life. :)


And today at lunch, found out that one of my coworkers (we go way back to when I started there) has decided to leave the software business altogether. Which got me thinking again... But that's a discussion for another day.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 10/14/2005 3:04 PM, Blogger DJ John said...

Family life is totally different but when you're ready for it come and get it. And really, you don't have to be ready for it, you just are...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home