Monday, October 17, 2005

Monday, Monday

It's all about perspective. On the one hand, I can just to throw my hands up into the air and be a grumpy complainer all day long:
  1. My interview candidate this morning tells me, 30 minutes into the interview, that she isn't authorized to work in the US. Right. And you sent me your resume why?
  2. After walking her out, I pick up my mail and find a letter from another interview candidate that we liked saying that she is declining the offer to join. And I went through some major hoops to put that offer together! Aargh.
  3. Opening my Boston Market turkey meal, I accidentally pop the cover off and turkey gravy splatters all over my pants. Double aargh. And go ahead and say it, Randy, I deserve it..."that's what you get for ordering gravy you fat ass" hahahah
  4. And I'm not having a good hair day
  5. And I need to spend even more money to buy clothes -- my freakin' boxers and pants and shirts are too loose. Aargh
  6. And I didn't finish the new hire orientation guide I was supposed to do on Sunday
  7. And...and...
Or, I could look at it this way:
  1. I'm glad that new hire told me early in the interview process that she couldn't work for us, saved us 5 hours of interviewing time. And she was quite pleasant about the mix up. We should do something about our process to prevent things like this from happening again.
  2. Interviewing the other candidate was a good learning experience, and it was really nice of her to send a letter to me to say she's declining. I'll definitely keep the option open for her if she decided later to change her mind.
  3. I'm sure glad I didn't splatter gravy on my other pants. These khakis are gonna have to go soon anyways -- they don't fit anymore
  4. It's such an absolutely beautiful and gorgeous day outside
  5. Aaah...I had a great weekend. And our new practice space is pretty damned huge!
  6. A new hire starts today, looking forward to adding him to our team!
  7. Can't wait for the workout tonight, they always make me feel better.
Hey, I actually feel better now. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

At 10/17/2005 3:54 PM, Blogger bev said...

#5 - needing to buy new clothes because the old ones are too loose is a great excuse to go shopping!

i, on the other hand, need to buy pants that fit cuz the old ones are too tight :(

 
At 10/17/2005 4:08 PM, Blogger VirtualErn said...

Yup, I definitely need to go shopping again. But I don't want to go overboard; just enough to get me to the next milestone of a 36" waist. :)

And I hear that pants tend to get tighter when you're pregnant. (just to keep that whole prego thread going -- hehehhehe)

 
At 10/17/2005 4:20 PM, Blogger Mur said...

nice way to flip the bad attitude. I need help because my 'tude has been really bad at work lately! and my boss said i was being a good sport....harrumph!

 
At 10/18/2005 1:13 PM, Blogger laragitara said...

very nice attitude adjustment! I'll try that next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home