Sunday, October 16, 2005

Aurora Borealis

So one of the things on my list is to see the northern lights. Looking into this further (check this site out), I realized it's gonna be rather difficult to do. Not only are there certain times of the year when they're more active, but they're only active during certain hours of the night. And you have to time it so that the magnetic "donut" is above you. But the most challenging part of this all would be that I would most likely have to go camping. In the late fall or early spring. When it's freakin' cold outside. And I've never been camping. Yup, never. Our broke-ass William Penn elementary school cancelled sixth grade camp only once in its history -- during my year. And, the only summer my family decides to go camping is the summer I spent in New York and Toronto. So not only will I have to learn how to camp, but I'll also have to learn how to camp in the cold.

Or maybe I'll be a boojey punk and buy a comfortable heated room in a nice log cabin/hotel up in Fairbanks. That'll kill 2 birds with one stone -- visit Alaska and see the Lights. Original plan was to take a few days off, drive up to Montana thereabouts, pull over and look up. Not sure if that'll be a good idea now. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 10/17/2005 8:13 PM, Blogger Big Sexy said...

Dood, if you want to go camping, I'm down, I've done every bit of camping known to man, with the exception of having to hunt your own food...too much work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home