Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Grumblings

I'm irritated. Not only did the Chargers lose last night (no comment, other than @#(^!@#(*$!!@) but I'm struggling over this whole "cutting down my portion size" thing. I'm freakin' hungry all the time (or, more precisely, my bellay is telling my mind that it should be hungry) and I think I'm coming down with a cold. Grrrrrr. And I thought that if I tried really hard not to be happy (and just be really depressed about things) that it would help curb my appetite -- but it's not. I'm staring at this 3/4 full bag of Big Grab Nacho Cheese flavored Doritos and contemplating if I should finish it. Maybe it's the stress? Maybe that's why I'm breaking out? Whatever... Screw it, Doritos are going in the trash. But only after just one more chip. :)

I'll just drink lots of water...that's the ticket...lots and lots of water. And start playing tennis on Tuesdays & Thursdays. I really miss playing tennis, no matter how much I sucked. And playing tennis in Southeast San Diego was the greatest thing ever...especially when one of our top players rolls into the parking lot in a ratted out late seventies Chevy Impala bumpin' Rodney O' & Joe Cooley: can't get enough of my everlastin' bass!" And those spoiled-ass private-lessoned Bonita kids arriving at Martin Luther King Park on their own freakin' bus each haulin' around three extra Prince Graphite racquets (the rage of the late eighties) with ball girls in tow.


So anyways. If anyone cares, I ended up walking down the hall yesterday to throw away the soy sauce. And nope, I didn't suck on the ginger. I hate ginger. Candied or not. And yes, I tried using the ginger to do the "cleanse your palate" thing between pieces of sushi...it's not for me. Oh how I long for a good piece of Toro.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

6 Comments:

At 10/11/2005 3:03 PM, Blogger Randy said...

looks like i need to skool you on how to "not be hungry" class will be in session promptly at 5:30pm at 24.

 
At 10/11/2005 3:47 PM, Blogger bev said...

I looove the ginger!!

 
At 10/12/2005 10:38 AM, Blogger mrs cruz said...

I feel ya on the hunger thing Ernie... I am always hungry nowadays. My stomach just doesn't get enough. But at least I have an excuse... maybe you should get pregnant too! :P

 
At 10/12/2005 4:44 PM, Blogger laragitara said...

hmmmmm... toro....

drool, drool, drool...

 
At 10/12/2005 10:31 PM, Blogger Mur said...

what's toro?

 
At 10/12/2005 11:00 PM, Blogger Big Sexy said...

Toro means bull in tagalog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home