Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Yeeeeeeeeee-ha!

So a few gearheads from work decided to have a karting night tonight. What a blast. Tuesdays are special, so we got three 15-minute sessions for like $45. Not bad! Turns out the organizer was one bad-ass regular at the place, so he absolutely KILLED the rest of us clowns by 3 seconds on a 30 second lap. First 2 races I nailed second place, but in the third race I got stuck in some crap-ass kart that couldn't accelerate for sh*t. And so I dropped down to 7th for the final race. :( The best part was in the second race, I blew up my kart. That's right, came to a dead stop in the final stretch. Throughout the race, I could just hear all this bad funkiness goin' on around the motor...lots of metal grinding & screeching noises, massive amounts of vibration, and then finally, a loud pop! and the kart started to slow down with the revs flying out of control. hehehhehe, I think I destroyed the clutch. One of the other guys said there were like metal parts on the track. Awesome. And I still got 2nd place. Woo hoo!! I'm definitely doing this again! Gonna book a session with the LIKHA homeys -- I know, I've been talking about it for too long now -- so expect an e-mail and leave your Tuesday nights free!

Oh yeah, and hit up Steelhead brewery afterwards...never knew this place existed right here in Burlingame. Good beer selection, with a brewery in house. Had the pumpkin pie ale, definitely not as good as that one from BJ's in West Covina (mmmmmm...crunchy -- I wish they had a brewery in the bay area) but decent nonetheless. And it looks like they got good root beer! Will definitely try it out again next time.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 11/02/2005 10:06 AM, Blogger bev said...

there's a BJs in San Mateo that Gary ate at the other day, and there's also a new one in San Bruno at the Tanforan Mall.

 
At 11/02/2005 10:13 AM, Blogger VirtualErn said...

Hey, the San Mateo BJ's is right across the street from my apartment! (I'm right next door to Siebel) Let me know next time you guys go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home