Sunday, October 30, 2005

Boom Boom Boom

They say that your life flashes before your eyes the moment you die. Imagine that. A billion and one feelings, moments, sounds, smells, all in the snap of a finger *snap*. I struggle to recall the scent of a beautiful young woman I met some twelve-odd years ago and somehow, once all this comes to an end, I'm supposed to relive it all? I wonder. And all around you, you see everyone wasting so much energy trying to duplicate the effort... 8/12/15/24 megapixel digital single lens reflex rear shutter curtain dustless mirror matrix metering L series F mount ultrasonic image stabilization carbon fiber titanium resin, and the gazillion hours of MiniDV Hi8 Super8 VHS-C autofocus charged coupled device NightShot manual iris blah blah blah blah...

I wonder...if I created a 4x6 print of every single image ever captured by every person on this planet, then laid them out into a grid covering the planet, what would the astronauts see in outer space? I envision some gigantic pixellated vision of our humanity, conjured up out of the memories of the lives of a kazillion people....my bet is on a winking smiley:

;)

I think it sums us up nicely.

As John Lee Hooker's words and guitar fill my ear with reverie, I continue trying to envision the types of images that I want to fill the void of those empty square frames gathering dust on the living room floor next to me. ...Maybe I fill them with images of my world, breadcrumbs for some archaeoligist (will they still call them that?) to discover eons after I'm worm food, piecing together a life. ...A life filled with dreams of a T66-equipped 2JZ-GTE with an open wastegate, sounds of Sarah Vaughn signing the blues, hands occassionally reeking of Lucky Strike (filtered) and an imagination. One run amok and out of control, rat-holing into a million useless little one person diatribes. Like this one.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home