Sunday, October 30, 2005

Fall Back

I'm actually really beginning to like life without a TV. I'm reading more, listening to more music and in general, finding that I have more time to do things that I really want to do. The only drawback is that sometimes, I miss out on some important information.

Like setting your clock back.

The silly thing is that yesterday, while waiting for an alignment/rotation/balance job on my G20 (more on that later), I decided to take a walk around San Mateo and got hungry -- pretty nice area by the way, lots of quaint shops and restaurants; I definitely have to spend more time there. So I stopped by Noah's Bagels for a cholesterol-laden lox & cream cheese on toasted plain bagel (it's been at least a year since I've had one of these -- tasty) and sat down to eat on the counter. On the counter was a local paper. Before I started to read the interesting article about traditional Indian dance performing at San Mateo College, I noticed a headline placed very prominently at the very top of the front page (in bold letters): Set your clocks back Sunday. Right-o. Mental note. Check.

And so did I? Uh-huh, right.
So to Angelo, Bev, Gary...sorry for calling so early this morning, I honestly thought it was 11AM.

Maybe there's something strange afoot in the magical ether of time & space this weekend. Or maybe it' s just my brain getting another minute older...at yesterday's Sausalito performance, I pulled off an absent minded professor and forgot to bring my entire outfit. That's right... pants, barong, shirt. Even went through a mental checklist in the car assuming that I had carried down the newly purchased from Tarjay (and freshly reeking of that fresh polycarbonate vinyl smell) suit/dress protector into the trunk. But then again, Kevin forgot his bandurria...and Ed forgot his barong... so maybe there is something weird going on after all? At least the folks at the wedding enjoyed themselves, with like fourty couples participating in the "learn to dance" part of tinikling.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

5 Comments:

At 10/31/2005 10:01 AM, Blogger bev said...

no worries, we were already awake. i actually forgot about the time change until sometime after you called.

btw, did you get my binder? can i get it back after you use it so I can 'reclaim' it? :)

 
At 10/31/2005 11:22 AM, Blogger VirtualErn said...

I had 'em. Sorry to say, but I can't seem to find the binders anymore. I think some little gremlins took 'em. :)

 
At 10/31/2005 8:47 PM, Blogger Big Sexy said...

are you going to scan them?

By the way I'm supposed to replace Bev's binder so give it back when you're done so I can replace it (sorry Bev, you can't reclaim it just yet..hehe)

 
At 10/31/2005 8:48 PM, Blogger Big Sexy said...

are you going to scan them?

By the way I'm supposed to replace Bev's binder so give it back when you're done so I can replace it (sorry Bev, you can't reclaim it just yet..hehe)

 
At 10/31/2005 9:01 PM, Blogger VirtualErn said...

Depends on how soon you want the stuff back. Scanning will definitely be slower than xeroxing. You know, I think I'll xerox for now so that you can get it back sooner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home