Monday, October 31, 2005

Kingpin Inclination, PJLO, and Refrigerator Odors

You know what's irritating? Opening your refrigerator door and smelling something funky. What's worse? Not knowing what da heck is causing those odiferous emanationsl. I checked and double-checked everything (there isn't much) with no luck -- not one expired package in the lot of 'em. Maybe I should just spend all day tonight eating everything and see if the smell goes away...Maybe not. :)

Speaking of funk...hey LaraG, thanks for the recommendation of Stymie and the Pimp Jones Luv Orchestra... Their CD came in last week and I've been diggin' those horns -- got me to go place an order for this CD too.

And so it turns out that negligence on my part is going to cost me 120 bucks (minimum)...I 've been totally abusing my little blue 4 door, leaving her without an alignment job for like 6 months after I started to feel that familiar tugging at the wheel (damn those city potholes!). So the inside corners of my front tires have worn down to the cords. :( The really great news though is that the car handles like a dream now! And even better, the howlin' and screechin' out of those front tires is pretty much gone...amazing what a couple tenths of an inch in toe adjustment can do... But with the corded front tires I now have to go make a decision:
  1. Get 2 replacement tires of the same crappy model ($120) - and since they're new, I'm going to have to put 'em in the front and do some pretty long smokin' burnouts to get the treadwear down to match the tread on the rear. Cuz you know, that's really important.
  2. Replace all 4 crappy tires with some decent ES 100 Yokes. That'll last me through about June of next year with ~12K miles, decent rain performance, and pretty good dry handling. About $450 out the door.
  3. Replace all 4 crappy tires with some kick-ass Falken RT 615s. Tires are marginal in the rain (absolutely frightening when worn). But @##@(*& unbelievably amazing in the dry. Although more expensive than #2, Discount Tire Direct still has free shipping and no tax, so it comes to same price. And just about the same amount of mileage as the Yokes.
  4. Sell tires and wheels and get a set of 15x6.5" Rota Slipstreams (possibly gunmetal with polished lip)...thousand bucks. Oh and then I'm gonna have to go get a full on D2 coilover set cuz the stock suspension would look funky with aftermarket wheels -- possibly drop it a modest 3/4" to keep decent travel but still maintain looks...that's another thousand bucks. And then it won't be a daily driver anymore because the suspenion would be too rough, so I'm gonna have to drop in an Avenir W11 turbo motor in there to make use of the improved handling...add in another 2500 bucks. Oh, and then with 250 at the wheels, I'd need a good set of brakes...that's another fifteen hundred bucks...
Yeah, #1 sounds like a plan. Randy, got some bleach? Know of an empty parking lot? :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 11/01/2005 11:47 AM, Blogger laragitara said...

oh right on!!! i'm glad to turn you on to Stymie and the Love Orchestra. if i ever hear of a show, i'll let you know! awesome!!

 
At 11/01/2005 11:48 AM, Blogger laragitara said...

my fave song is stumble to the break of lawn. makes me feel happy!

LG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home