Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Fuji Apples

I don't know what it is, but for some reason, I've found myself quite happy in recent weeks. Sure, there's a lot of things that could be better in my life, and there are a lot of mistakes I've made in my past, but I just don't let it bother me anymore. Heck, last night I went to sleep in this strange mood that I haven't felt in a long time, where I wasn't worried/stressed/irritated/depressed. I was just really content at the way things have been going and was just filled with excitement thinking about what the coming days/weeks/months/years will bring.

So I know it's several weeks early, but I thought I'd start by giving thanks...
  • for the love of good friends and family, for without it, I'd be a man on an island barely able to stand. Each and every one of them has contributed a little piece to who my whole; I hope I am able to give back as much as I have received
  • for the freedom to enjoy a leftover Barney's burger with blue cheese and bacon (on a french baguette) while listening to John Coltrane belt out tunes on a sunny Tuesday morning
  • to whoever invented the internal combustion engine...for that deep rumble when you first fire up a high compression motor and for that sweet song when it's screaming for redline
  • for the simple things in life, like the smile on a passing face, the freak flower bloom in the middle of a winter rainstorm, and that sound the leaves make when a cool brisk autumn breeze blows through.
  • and most of all, for Fuji apples. Not too big, not too small. Super crunchy and super sweet, Even after a week and a half.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 11/01/2005 11:42 AM, Blogger laragitara said...

not having TV probably helps! no commercials to make you feel bad about not having more things.

i like fuji apples too... specially with a white cheddar cheese, or if it's still crunchy, blue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home