Monday, November 07, 2005

Fix You

When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse
I've been listening to this Coldplay song all day. It's been on repeat on the iRiver, all the way to work and all the way back. I don't know what it is, maybe it's the simplicity of the song; maybe it's just something about the words, or something about the part when the guitar starts layering in that I just haven't gotten sick of yet. Whatever, I'm really diggin' it. Hm...I think it's time for me to get a new guitar...and actually really learn to play it this time, unlike that nice pimped out black Washburn Dreadnought I had years ago. :)

If it's still gray and rainy tomorrow, I'm stickin' OK Computer into the deck (I love that album). Until then...
Tears stream down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face and I

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 11/08/2005 11:05 PM, Blogger double R said...

i love that song...another song i've been listening to is "you're beautiful" by james blunt. check it out...other rainy day song...

 
At 11/08/2005 11:27 PM, Blogger VirtualErn said...

Thanks for the suggestion Randy! I read about him on allmusic, listened to some clips and ended up placing an order on Amazon. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home