Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Blue Sky Yonder

Today was such an absolutely gorgeous day. Rolling down the window, I felt the mild sting of the crisp winter air, a gentle reminder that southern california was half a thousand miles away. The wisps of clouds overhead peered through the open sun roof, as my head warmed to the morning sun...

Since my calendar was clear this morning, I decided on a whim to see if I could avoid the weekend shopping madness, heading into the city on a weekday morning. I wanted to return a shirt that I had bought... It was rather disappointing, really; I guess the sheer excitement that I had dropped another shirt size (to a large) had distracted me from looking closely at the mirror in the fitting room -- else I would've noticed that the fit wasn't quite there yet. Another few weeks, perhaps?

Despite the unbelievable traffic on 3rd St. (15 minutes bumper to bumper from Folsom to Market!), I found the SF shopping district to be pleasantly uncrowded. No hassle return at the Gap, with a minimal line. I really enjoy winter in the city, especially on days like this. Frigid souls bundled up in layers of hip: scarves, leather, turtlenecks, parkas, wool. Dark colors abound, brief puffs of condensation emanate from huffing breaths.

I need to get myself a place in the city. Eight years ago, eating some sandwich from a deli on Leavenworth while on break from a Cisco router training class, I proudly proclaimed to myself (and my former boss sitting with me): "I'm going to live here". Alas, I still haven't. Maybe I'll just eschew this whole homebuying-invest-in-your-future-nonsense and go satisfy my short term need to be surrounded by people, cars and noise... hey, the paramount sf has a corner 1 bedroom available for a measly (gulp) $2700/month. Hm... I could live without cable. Food. Heat. Internet. hahaha, right. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:

At 12/15/2005 2:16 AM, Blogger ojpt said...

a friend of mine used to live at the paramount -- the view is spectacular but the rooms are kinda small. Also, it's within stumbling distance of the W and the gold club =p

 
At 12/15/2005 8:49 AM, Blogger laragitara said...

there are houses being built on the side of a hill next year(insider tip yet again)... why rent when you can buy. you'll be living in the city AND owning property.

 
At 12/15/2005 3:55 PM, Blogger Gary said...

I lived in the marina with a view of the golden gate bridge for $1,700 a month. just not a safe place for an earthquake though.

Those are Cirrus clouds

 

Post a Comment

<< Home