Saturday, October 22, 2005

This Is An Adventure

I really dig Wes Anderson. From his scriptwriting, to his framing and colors, direction, editing, and shot selection...they all come together to make something great. I didn't like A Life Aquatic as much as The Royal Tenenbaums or Rushmore, but I still enjoyed that signatory Wes Anderson style. Maybe that will change the more I watch it. But I really liked how it was more stylized than the other films. urious to see Bottle Rocket now.

I was also caught by surprise by the use of tagalog -- and I think he purposely chose non-native speakers to continue the effect. And the video they were watching had tagalog subtitles! hahahaha -- Wes cracks me up with his subtlety.

And I didn't know Life On Mars was a David Bowie song. First time I heard it was listening to an Anggun version. I really need to inform myself about David Bowie songs...the white folks at work look at me funny when I don't catch their song


And while standing in line yesterday to buy my lunch, saw this on the stand and just had to pick up a bag:
We'll see on Monday if Dr. Cracka's stuff is any good.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 10/25/2005 6:28 PM, Blogger DJ John said...

Just hit em with "Ground control to Major Tom..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home