Sunday, October 23, 2005

Donger Got Food.

Dinner at Harris:

Appetizer: Steak Tartare with sliced french bread (toasted) -- not as good as that free Spago's lunch that I got out of Segue a few months ago, but still quite tasty.
Salad: Spinach, balsamic vinegarette, roquefort cheese -- excellent
Entree: Wagyu Ribeye -- superb; but for some reason, the one I picked up from Bryan's meat market in the city was much more tender and definitely had a sweeter taste. Maybe Harris carries a slightly lower grade of cut?
Dessert: Creme Brulee + Dow's 20 year old Tawny. Creme brulee was damned good. The port was miles behind the '77 Warre's that we also ordered. Mine tasted like cherry cough syrup, while the Warre's started out like dark chocolate, then finished by coating your mouth in a flavor that resembled Canadian maple syrup. I'm not kidding, it was that good. I wonder how much a bottle costs? heheheh

All in all, quite a pleasant dining experience. So that covers my nice dinner quota for at least another 6 years or so. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 10/24/2005 11:06 AM, Blogger laragitara said...

oh my mouth is watering. i love steak tartare. cafe claude has great tartare, so does chez papa on potrero hill. baraka has this lamb tartare... it is to die!!!

i'm not much into the port thing, always thought it reminded me of cough syrup. 'til one night my good friend Dr. Boogie Nights had me try some port with this chocolate mousse type dessert at chez papa. 'twas heavenly!!

dude, we gotta dine out someday! i'm so hungry reading this blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home