Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Frackin' A

So call me a corny and cliched cheeseball, but there's something about stories of relationships set amidst the backdrop of despair and war that just really get to me. I was able to catch up on BSG and I really dug this Episode 5 (The Farm). It had that same old formula... boy & girl get together, but love & happiness take a back seat to duty and saving the human race. Sounds a lot like all those old movies I used to watch. :) Hell, this episode was strangely reminiscent of Casablanca. Hm...reminds me of one of those lectures in film class; one thing they said was that all the stories have already been done...everything you see are all just rehashes of the same things:
  • boy meets girl, girl likes boy, but boy ends getting killed in (war/accident/alien abduction/twist of fate)
  • girl meets boy, boy doesn't like girl, another boy likes girl, girl doesn't notice other boy until too late
  • boy and girl happy together, boy meets other girl, destroys relationship, girl moves on, boy realizes he made mistake
  • boy likes girl, girl discovers she likes other girl, boy discovers he likes other boy

and so on and so forth. Eh. Screw the clinical breakdown, I still dig a good story, regardless of how cliched and cheesy it is.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

5 Comments:

At 8/17/2005 7:14 AM, Blogger Big Sexy said...

Have you been taping BSG? I need to borrow tham from you so that I can catch up on it.

 
At 8/17/2005 8:36 AM, Blogger VirtualErn said...

I have all episodes from seasons 1 & 2 on my PC. Stop by and you can grab 'em.

 
At 8/17/2005 9:13 AM, Blogger DJ John said...

Nerds

 
At 8/17/2005 10:23 AM, Blogger VirtualErn said...

Bwahahahahhaha!

Battlestar rules!

Come on DJ Bolo, just watch one episode and you'll be hooked!!! I'll even bring it over to your place...The first hit's free!

 
At 8/17/2005 2:46 PM, Blogger DJ John said...

It does rule. I just don't get to watch it as much, so yeah, BSG party at my place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home