Friday, March 16, 2007

Expect More, Pay Less

The brainwashing is working.

With Target's new media blitz fresh in my brain cells, I approach the monumental light-colored building, bright neon red glow casting it's sensual spell over my Etnie-donned thinning head of hair. Half expecting a chorus of scantily-clad women dancing to the beat of a funky "hip" tune, the bright red doors swing open, revealing the newly modeled interior of the beast. Tons of bright greenish-white (not that I'd recognize green, but whatever...fluorescent is supposed to be green, right?) lights thrum overhead, photons sinking into my exposed dark brown arms. (I bet the evil geniuses behind this big capitalist behemoth figured out a way to program subliminal messages within the 60Hz cycle of those thousands of fluorescent tubes overhead.)

I love this store.
pic 817
You say Targay, you say Tarjay, whatever. I say one stop shopping at it's finest. Especially with two-dollar jars of pasta sauce (cheaper than Albertsons!) only a short 5 minute walk away in this wonderfully warm spring night... Maybe my brain is still recovering from the pounding of a caffeine-laden grande extra hot no whip soy mocha (is it technically cheating if I drink a mocha when I'm not supposed to have chocolate?), but I really dig the new look. Bright, clean, everything I need for reasonable prices.

I'm sure gonna miss this convenience when I move.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 3/19/2007 12:09 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Man, does your blogger have RSS? I usually just look at your photos because I'm subscribed to them.

Where you movin to?

 
At 3/19/2007 1:31 PM, Blogger VirtualErn said...

There's a link to the RSS feed on the right side, it's kind of hidden: Site Feed

 

Post a Comment

<< Home