Thursday, March 15, 2007

Bistro Luneta

Appetizer: I had the wonton soup. Good tasty broth with a few wontons. Shirley had the Botchay soup, basically Visayan style egg noodle soup. Heavy in garlic, it was REALLY good.
Bistro Luneta - Appetizer
Main Course: I had beef kaldereta, and Shirley had the chicken adobo. Dramatically different presentations of food that Mom used to make. Although the presentations were totally different, the core flavors of the original dishes were there. Nice touches: waiter asked how I wanted my beef done, and the chicken adobo came with a head of roasted garlic. The dishes were great.
Bistro Luneta - Dinner

Bistro Luneta - Dinner
Dessert: Turon. I like Mom's better. :) But not bad, definitely not as unhealthy as Mom makes. I like the presentation but they could've done better with the sauce. I'm just sentimental for the super sticky and ultra sweet version from dear ol' Mom.
Bistro Luneta - Dessert


All in all, a pleasant dining experience. Although $18 for beef kaldereta would have my Mom & Dad screaming in protest, it's a nice "once-in-a-while" treat. Service could have been better, ambiance could have been more "Filipino", but I'd go back... to try the kare kare.

I still would like to see someone take it to the next level like someone I know has been wanting to do for 10 years now.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:

At 3/16/2007 11:18 AM, Blogger bev said...

someone told me the kare-kare is REALLY different. It's just one piece, surrounded by sauce...

Where's your review of Kuya's? :)

 
At 3/16/2007 9:54 PM, Blogger VirtualErn said...

Yup, I saw them bring the kare kare to a couple of tables. Very interesting presentation.

I wonder how you explain the bagoong to the unitiated..."little baby shrimps, cooked. Really salty and makes your farts really stinky"

No review of Kuya's...pretty much the same food as Ongpin's (i.e. GOOD!)

 
At 3/19/2007 12:10 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Are you a Yelp reviewer? I was thinking of joining.

Looking forward to tomorrow nights dinner!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home