Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Lonesome Crowded West

pic 108

My mind flounders as the warmth from the setting sun recedes into the distance, slowly chilling the tiny hairs in the back of my neck. I try in vain to recall just one of the thousands of sunsets prior...but fail miserably. It doesn't really matter anyways....

The only moment that's important is the one in front of you, staring you squarely in the face.

Not the one a blink of an eye past, or the one that is arriving any second now. Just this one: now. And if you're not paying attention, you'll miss it... that one glorious defining instant when the sky is ablaze in a furious rage of expression; one final culminating moment punctuating the end of yet another wonderful day.

And then it's gone.

So I return to begin yet another round in the great big bout of life, neither anticipating nor regretting each passing juncture. ...Just simply enjoying all the splendor, however trivial, that fills my world.


Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:

At 1/31/2006 11:34 AM, Blogger laragitara said...

nice photos man!

find your bliss...

LG

 
At 1/31/2006 1:07 PM, Blogger Gary said...

I really like the sunset with the blue light since it is opposite of the red / orange spectrum.

But with it hanging from mid-air, it kind of throws me off? Do you have photo with whatever is supporting the light framed in?

I'm enjoying your sunset photos. Have you ever seen a green flash when watching the sunset?

 
At 1/31/2006 1:27 PM, Blogger VirtualErn said...

I agree. I had one with the whole light post but I couldn't get the exposure and focus to do what I wanted to (oh how I long for an SLR that comes in the size of a pocket P&S) so I deleted it.

I too have heard of the green flash during sunset, but alas, I have never seen it. Curse these color-blind eyes of mine! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home