Sunday, October 02, 2005

L Is For The Way You Look At Me

Life is interesting without a working TV. Yes, my beloved Trinitron is busted again -- and the 27" was last seen getting hauled off in the back of Pebble's yellow Mini for a paltry sum. I think the repair is still under warranty, but I won't be able to get it fixed until maybe next weekend. Eek -- a week without a TV. So I brushed the dust off the Nat King Cole box set and took a stab at unpacking the myriad of boxes piled in the living room and kitchen. I forgot just how amazingly unique his voice was. And he was a massive smoker too. Hm... Maybe if I really turn up my smoking I could sing like him? Maybe not. :) And it's been years since I've listened to the set that I just realized that Nature Boy is in here -- no wonder it sounded so familiar in Moulin Rouge.
The greatest thing
is to love
and be loved
in return
So I weighed myself the other day -- I should've been weighing myself all along, because the numbers seem a bit optimistic. If the scales are right (both the one in my bathroom & the one @ 24HR Fitness) then it looks like I've lost 20 pounds since earlier this year, which puts me at ~245. Regardless of the weight loss, this whole exercise thing has been really great...I feel waaaay better, and look forward to the thrice weekly workout sessions. I forgot how relaxing a 45 minute workout is, especially after a crappy day at work -- the exercises (and sometimes the occassional eye candy -- hehe) help take my mind off the usual hassle of everyday life.

With the haircut done, next up is an outfit change and enrolling in classes at the local CC.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home