Thursday, September 22, 2005

She's Evicted Me From My Life

(ten thousand bonus points + 1UP if you know where that line is from -- and no Googling)

Yayhay! So today was pretty crazy (hell this whole week has been pretty crazy) with lots of irritating little setbacks that slammed together make for one annoying day - won't go into the gory mind-numbing details - but I got off my ass and stuck to my commitment to not miss hitting the gym. For many, it's no big deal, but for me, it's actually a milestone as this is the first time that I've actually worked out on my own. I even hit the 15 min mark on the PreCor. Since it was already so late (9PM) and I was tired from moving stuff into the storage space (that compressor is freakin' heavy!) I was so tempted to just say "screw it" and get myself some Vietnamese food for dinner. But alas, I made myself go and I'm glad I did (sore shoulders not withstanding).

Now if only I could motivate myself to write this damned test plan...

"I will motivate you Private Pyle, if it short-dicks every cannibal on the Congo!"

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

7 Comments:

At 9/22/2005 9:17 AM, Blogger laragitara said...

congratulations! getting in the door is THE hardest part, i think. i forced myself to exercise yesterday, haven't done so in weeks. it was so easy to just think of all the things i needed to get done instead. plus, i just wanted to lay down in bed yesterday.

good for you!

 
At 9/22/2005 9:35 AM, Blogger bev said...

Michael Jackson - "She's evicted me from my life, she's evicted me from my life...and I don't know whether to laugh or cry..."

ok i don't know :)

 
At 9/22/2005 12:48 PM, Blogger DJ John said...

I've been paying my 24 Hours dues automatically out of my account and I haven't been in the gym in 18 months. But I won't stop it cuz I just know I'm going to find my way back to the gym.

 
At 9/22/2005 6:24 PM, Blogger VirtualErn said...

So I've had my 24 Hour Fitness membership since 1999, as part of an employee discount when I was working for Microsoft. Last night was the first time that I've officially used it by myself. Jeez, that's a lot of wasted money. :( Whatever...spilled milk. I'm happy that I've finally taking the baby steps to change all that.

 
At 9/22/2005 7:32 PM, Blogger Big Sexy said...

As good as it gets

 
At 9/22/2005 9:57 PM, Blogger VirtualErn said...

Ha! 10000 points and the extra man go to bigsexy! Although using a search engine doesn't count. :)

 
At 9/24/2005 12:37 AM, Blogger Big Sexy said...

Hey I never saw the movie ok, but I will now just so I can make sure it is in there. HAH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home