Saturday, August 27, 2005

The Sign

Sing along now...

I saw the sign
and it opened up my eyes
I saw the sign
Life is demanding
Without understanding...

Seriously though...upon hearing my recent troubling plight with technology, I was told to investigate the concept of "Mercury rising". I'm not a big astrology person, but supposedly there's this relation between Mercury moving through its astral plane and certain astrological signs having difficulties. Whatever. But I was pointed to this, and sure enough (although not entirely accurate) -- there's some freaky stuff in there. Thinking back, there has been quite a bit of things go mechanically wrong during certain parts of this past year. Hm...

With the cars, there was the G20: right foglight that blew out, the alternator failure, and then the replacement alternator failing again, and the CV boots tearing (both of em!), and the check engine light coming on (which turned out to be a fluke EGR code); around the same time, some jerk used their door to scrape an inch of paint off the passenger side door of the S2K (I'm still irritated at that) and I got two bad rock chips in the windshield (for a total of 3!!! argh). And then with other stuff: my cassette deck broke, my TV died last week, my laptop hard drive died Thursday -- damn that was irritating, the toilet started acting funny with a slow tank refill time, the kitchen sink faucet mount came loose, the refrigerator died, my air compressor is having problems -- now this one is really irritating because without it, I can't change my clutch or axles and you wouldn't believe how much shops are charging to do it (let's just say there's 4 digits in the number) and Sears doesn't do house calls on air compressors...I'd have to haul that big 'ol mommahonker down to Mountain View - in what, the back seat of my 4 door? aargh.


What is comforting though is that one of the things on my list is to reconnect with old friends. The weirdest thing happened though...within the span of one month, I've had a bunch of people contact me from out of the blue...old Mambo.com/Payplace.com folks that I haven't spoken to in a couple of years just popped an e-mail to me. One of my old co-workers now living/working in Seattle dropped a line saying (in not so many words) how great things are going out there and don't you think you'd want to live the good life working at my company on the waterfront while living in a nice place out on Alki beach and we need smart people like you. Hm...now there's a thought: Seattle. I haven't been there since March 2000, and back then I loved it so much I told myself that I would be living there in 2 years. Maybe.

But first thing's first. Goal setting then goal achievement. Both in work and in life. Chin up, eyes wide open, and jump right in.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 8/28/2005 6:24 PM, Blogger Big Sexy said...

oh no you just didn't throw ace of base out here. haha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home