Sunday, June 19, 2005

Back to the grind

It's twenty after eight, the roomies are watching last week's rendition of Mutya on the sofa in front of me (Paseo was two dances ago) and then it hit me...I go back to work tomorrow. In a way, it's for the best; athough the past 10 days have been extremely refreshing for my soul (and my sanity) I already feel a need for that strange nervousness... That wild, crazy non stop stress laden have-to-do-everything feeling that comes with the responibility of fifteen people and QA for the entire hosted products division. Before the time off, it was a feeling that was really bogging me down -- but I realize that without it, the vacation would not have been as enjoyable as it was. I'll treasure these past few days for a mighty long time.

And so begs the question...what happens when I'm back to work? This online journal-slash-blog thingy is quite handy, serving as a nice cathartic outlet for this lowly software-geek-wanna-be-racecar-driver. It's a nice way for me to not only brush up on my horribly rusty writing skills but also to hopefully capture the essence of those tiny little life events that fade away into nothingness years later. I think of years back, sitting in gold 'ol Mr. G.'s high school US History class, and he's telling us to "write in your journals!" And now, it's some umteen years later and I can't remember a lot of the things I was thinking back then. So I'll keep going, and see how far it takes me.

(Gawd this entry sucked.)

Ooooh! Manny just busted out the Dove bars. Mmmmmmmmm...chocolate.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 6/20/2005 12:50 AM, Blogger Edward said...

Thanks for the Father's Day shout.

I'm back to work too...nose to the stone, nose to the stone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home