Friday, June 17, 2005

Victory is mine!

New alternator in.
Wheel stud replaced.
Oh, sweet joy.

The charge indicator light comes on now with the ignition. The battery reads a steady 14.5V now (11.5 yesterday with motor+accessories running). Damned NAPA reman alternators. It's strictly Nissan factory parts from now on. Quick shower to wash off all the crud, and I'm contemplating a quick blast around town with the wind in my hair and the sun in my face. It'll be a sad day next month when I finally sell the Honda...she's been a great friend in the past year, filling Herna and I with memories to last a lifetime. Memories of shaded canopies of gargantuan redwoods looming overhead; of wind-swept and rocky deserted coastlines; of the 2 story drop down the turn 8 carousel at Laguna Seca; and that ungodly wail of two liters of pure magic shrieking along at 9000RPM.

Oh well...it's off to Little Lucca deli for a damned good sammich, then to Cost Plus for a few frames for my favorite Rondizzy pics.

Maybe I'll take the time to matte 'em. the sun is shining really bright outside
Maybe not.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 6/17/2005 3:35 PM, Blogger Gary said...

My nickname in HS was "The Donger"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home