Friday, June 17, 2005

Mindless banter

Pain heals
Chicks dig scars
And glory,
...glory lasts forever

Every so often I find random songs playing in my head. It isn't as frequent now -- not like on Monday when it was non-stop Alibangbang, Mutya, Paseo (shudder), Manilena as I was walking through the trees up on Grouse Mountain and in Capilano. So now it's just me waking up to Manilena and singing it in my head. Echoes of images from the show still resonate in my mind...the Manilena dancers moving across the stage in front of us as we crank through Manilena, lights blaring as we play bar after bar, measure after measure. I'm still amazed at how they nailed the clapping of the castanets, matching our pace when they failed so many times before. And I can still feel the heat of the lights fall on my face and the random crowd members that I see when I look out into the distance. If I try hard enough, I can still hear the sound of the lamps in the wings as they cool off during light changes ticktickticktick-tick-tick...tick.....tick

eh

Enough of this...time to move on and prepare myself for the reality that lies ahead. 3 more days and it's back to the grind that pays for all these wonderful things that I enjoy so much in my life. It was definitely an honor and a privilege to have been able to participate in such a fun couple of performances, filling us all with a lifetime of memories. I'll nuture these feelings for quite some time, until our next performance (big or small).

The alternator (and now a broken wheel stud) awaits.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 6/17/2005 9:48 AM, Blogger Randy said...

BLOG SLACKER. heheheheh look who's addicted to blogging:)

 
At 6/17/2005 9:52 AM, Blogger Mel said...

welcome to bloggin' Dong!

Randy - I know you want to start bloggin' again...=)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home