Sunday, June 03, 2007

Renewal

I absolutely love working on cars. There's something so relaxing about tearing apart something mechanical, tracking every screw, nut & washer and ultimately putting it all back together again. Not only that, but that tiny little victory dance upon seeing what was once broken start working again. Last weekend I was able to knock off some long awaited projects:
  • Clear the Check Engine light on Shirley's Accord: replace EVAP canister valve...no return yet of the light after a week (knock on wood)
  • Upgrade her out of the 90's with a real stereo that has an aux input on the front
  • Replace plugs, distributor cap, wires, valve cover gasket seals on her car (there was a ton of oil in the plug holes)
  • Fix broken speedometer on the red car: broken drive gear
  • Fix that annoying MPG gauge on the red car that kept sticking at 20mpg: cracked gear, causing teeth to not mesh properly - shifted gear counterclockwise, works like a charm now!
  • Replace all the seats in the red car with neat-o sport seats (the old ones were naaaaaaaaaasty! The previous owner tried to cover up 17 years of neglect with a cloth. It was gross.)
Now if only I can manage to keep the maintenance up on my aging body... I'm coming up on ten months of neglect now, and my feeble attempts at jogging are doing nothing to battle this ever burgeoning gut. And the 24 ounces of Prime Rib (with seconds!) earlier tonight isn't helping neither. It sure was damned good though!!! So now I'm down to only 7 months for me to look freakin' hot for the big day. If that's not motivation enough, maybe an 8x10 of my last pile of fat clothes will suffice (before they get hauled off to Goodwill).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home