Thursday, August 10, 2006

Melato-what?

Staring at the prospect of yet another week-long recovery awaiting me after next week's China trip, I started reading... I saw this, which had a bunch of pretty simple, non-medicated ways of resetting your clock. I've tried doing some of these, but it didn't help -- especially when some hyper two year old asian kid keeps playing with the sunvisors and kicking me in the back (grrr). So show me the drugs!!! Turns out that there's this magic pill you can take to help cut your jet lag recovery time in half, speeding up your body's circadian clock adjustments.

Hmmm...if one pill works, then 3 should work three times as fast, right?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

At 8/10/2006 9:21 PM, Blogger Big Sexy said...

Go for it

 
At 8/11/2006 12:05 AM, Blogger bev said...

i think my mom took that on the flight before and she said it really relaxed her.

 
At 8/14/2006 7:53 PM, Blogger Randy said...

it doesn't work. best way is to be awake all day then sleep at nite. it is hard though.

 
At 8/18/2006 1:46 AM, Blogger Keem said...

melatonin is produced by the pineal gland. the amount of melatonin in the system determines how awake and sleepy you are. however, due to artificial light and traveling across timelines, the gland can be confused. the best is to take it 60-90 minutes before you want to sleep

 

Post a Comment

<< Home