Monday, February 27, 2006

Sixteen Stochastic Burblings on a Sunday Night

  1. Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway is actually quite an enjoyable album. And so is Sixpence None The Richer's Divine Discontent.
  2. Six Sigma is defined as 3.4 defects per million lines of code. Incredible. United Space Alliance actually achieved Six Sigma after 15 years of process improvement. They wrote the software that guides the space shuttle. If there's a bug in the software, people die. If only there were such consequences in regular software...imagine how wonderful life would be if software just worked. And worked the way you wanted it to. And didn't annoy you.
  3. I'm falling behind on all those inspired LIKHA projects - website update, instructional video shoot, CD production, talking to travel agents for the Europe trip booking, consider planning a Tahoe ski trip for the group. And what am I doing? Wasting time writing in a blog. I'm gonna be really pissed if no progress happens this week.
  4. I'm lagging on taking that TB test (a month late already!) so that I can finally start volunteering for Tech Corps USA
  5. 8 Min Dating is actually kinda fun.
  6. I need to make a real effort to go to bed early. And I really have to stop writing in this blog so late at night.
  7. My poor G20 is detonating like crazy, sounds like marbles rolling around in the motor under part throttle. I'm praying to the car gods that the new knock sensor makes it all go away so I can sell it with a clear conscience (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's a relative breeze to install).
  8. I have to figure out how to squeeze in laps at the Stanford track during the day. A marathon in July isn't gonna happen if I continue slacking.
  9. I need to book a skydiving appointment
  10. The S38B36 is the most awesomest amazingest unbelievably visceralest motor I have ever had the pleasure of planting my right foot in. It is worth every single minute of 9 years of waiting and lusting.
  11. I need to take a road trip to Joshua Tree National Park and see the wildflowers. And Clearlake. And Mono Lake. And Tioga Pass. And Sequoia National Park. And Kodachrome Basin. And Arches National Monument. And Zion. And...and...
  12. I want a Mamiya RB67. With a 50mm ultra-wide lens.
  13. I wish I had a slide worthy enough to make a 20x24 print. Oh well, one day I'll get it right...
  14. I need to sell the Honda. But a part of me wishes that no one buys it.
  15. Work is piling up like you wouldn't believe. ~20 years of schooling and 10 years of work and I still haven't learned how to stop procrastinating.
  16. I really miss flying a kite on a sunny and blustery March afternoon in Crown Point park, with the sun beating down on your face, the water right in front of you, the soft green green grass under your feet, and the smell of BBQ all around. I miss playing catch with my Dad. I miss being a wannabe Dan Marino playing tag football with my old friends. And the bonfires on warm starlit summer evenings. And watching sunrise from the steps at the foot of the cross atop Mt. Soledad.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 2/27/2006 8:17 PM, Blogger Big Sexy said...

Response to no. 11) been there, been there, been there, 'nuff said.

 
At 2/28/2006 8:09 PM, Blogger Randy said...

my list:

1. evo
2. soon to be evo
3. eat, sleep, sh*t evo
4. don't sell the s2000
5. did i mention evo
6. i always procrastinate
7. i need to take a drive in the mountain
passes with the evo.
8. i remember crown point and mt.
soledad...kite? pansy. :)
9. i'm horny for an evo! :0

 

Post a Comment

<< Home