Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Summer Wind

The absolute strangest thing happened to me this morning...

Since the 4 door is out of commission (with a tranny that's on the verge of grenading), I had to take the convertible. And since the track day on Saturday, I haven't been able to find my sunglasses. I know that they must be somewhere in the car (I didn't leave 'em at the track). So after pulling out of the garage, I did some reaching underneath the seat.

Holy crap.

No, it wasn't my sunglasses...it was big. Felt leathery. And rectangular. Almost like a CD case. Just like the CD case that mysteriously vanished 13 months ago. A CD case containing some CDs that I've given up as lost, vanished, gone... to some mysterious ether in the netherworld. The Phantom Dimension. The black hole. The great blue yonder. Hell, I even thought I was cursed by those same gremlins that plundered Ms. Luzon's Laud book (she claims). Some of these CDs I've already proceeded to replace with duplicates....Swing Out Sister's Somewhere Deep In The Night; The Sunday's Static and Silence.

Unbelievable.

Now mind you, this isn't some huge 15 foot 6500 lb 500 sq ft 15 seat V10 Ford Econoline Club Wagon. No, this is a tiny ass 2 seater. With no glove box. That's been through at least 10 car washes. That I've searched at least 50 times. Maybe there are gremlins afoot. Tiny 13 inch tall gremlins. With samurai swords. And red pointy hats. And dirty fingernails. And toe jam.

Oh, and when I did get home just now, I found my sunglasses, lodged inside my helmet.

Gremlins, I tell ya.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:

At 9/13/2005 8:36 PM, Blogger Randy said...

i believe in sock gremlins living in the dryer. every now and then, i'll be missing one sock from a pair. its gotta be them dam sock gremlins. maybe they live in the washing machine too? hhhmmmmmm.

 
At 9/13/2005 9:14 PM, Blogger Big Sexy said...

You're killing me smalls!

 
At 9/14/2005 11:32 AM, Blogger bev said...

i think there must be a black hole just like that in angelo's car. that's where my laud book is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home