Saturday, July 02, 2005

We all got it comin', kid.

"It's a hell of a thing, to kill a man.
You take away everythin' he's got...
an' everythin' he's ever gonna have..."


The flight back at 3 wasn't too bad, sitting in row 10 of a barely half full 737. I was able to push through another 40 or so pages of my current book, with a little over 80 pages left to go - man, that book is heavy. Good, but much too heavy. Standing in Southwest's "A" line, I was able to have a pleasant conversation with a couple of women...one married smiling forty-something white lady and a twenty something girl (also white) who was flying back to the bay area for good. Small talk is always good, especially when you're flying alone -- a nice little slice of humanity in this rush-rush world.

It's been a long time since I've had one of these evenings. (I think the last time was back in the Bexley apartment) After getting three months worth of dust, grime and brake powder washed off the Honda (finally!) I made a stop at Albertson's and made a feeble attempt at a dinner. Walking around under the humming illumination of that familiar flourescent green, inspiration struck, hinting at something Italian. With a very limited repertoire, I went with the old standby of Chicken Parm. But this time I avoided the sauce on the breaded chicken slabs while they were in the oven. Turned out really well, with a nice crispy breading. 40 minutes later and I'm now staring at a tomato & basil sauce stained ceramic plate and a 1/4 full bottle of Pinot Noir. I could have gone sentimental and popped in a nice couple of CDs, but got lazy and stuck with the (censored and pan&scanned) Robocop airing on KRON. I was also really itching to pull out Unforgiven, or Once Upon A Time In The West but this wine started to kick in. And Robocop was just to classic to pass up: "Dead or alive, you're coming with me!", or "I'd buy that for a dollar!", or "I like it!" hehehheheh...that reminds me of Smash TV.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 7/07/2005 2:10 PM, Blogger R said...

She was sweeeeet!!! I took her out!!!

Rhoel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home