Saturday, July 16, 2005

Here's Where The Story Ends

So during Rondalla practice last night rockstar Orenthal was messin' around as usual and played some chords that totally reminded me of The Sundays...now that's a CD I haven't heard in ages. And there's a reason for that -- I go digging into my CD binders and wouldn't you know it...2 blank slots in between Swing Out Sister and Lisa Stansfield. All I have is their Blind album. Grrrr...another CD that was lost with that blue wallet containing some 20 other CDs. To this day, a year and a half later, I still can't figure out what da hell happened to that wallet. It just magically walked away, probably now enjoying the warmth of a white Honda Civic driven down Geary by some hot Filipina chick whose boyfriend just happened to find the wallet on the street somewhere and gave it to her as a gift. She's probably listening to my Sundays CD right now!

Whatever. There's a Tower next to the Rite Aid in Mountain View. After I pick up my pills I'll stop by and check out the records. Hehehehhehe..."records". I remember those days way back in high school of using my lunch money each week to go buy some vinyl at Tower Sports Arena. I wonder if they're still there? And then going home and immediately transferring the album to tape -- because you don't want to wear the record out! -- and then sticking it in that old Craig cassette deck in that old brown Ford Fairmont station wagon. 3.3 liters of carbureted 6-cylinder pushrod fury! What a great car...88 hp, 3 speed automatic (column shifted, of course!), 0-60 in an eternal 3 hours with a top speed of 85 mph...manual pumawis steering, Fox chassis (same as the Mustang!), bench seat, manual windows, and fold down rear seat. Now that was a high school ride to be proud of... Oh yeah, and don't forget to pretension the tape before loading it into the deck, or else bye bye tape!

Think I'll take a spin out in the east bay tonight -- they say it dips into the 80s at night... perfect convertible weather.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:

At 7/16/2005 3:42 PM, Blogger Randy said...

hahahahah...tower in sports arena is still there! i used to get my vinyl at the "wherehouse" in plaza bonita. vinyl still rules in sound quality!!!!!!!

 
At 7/18/2005 2:38 PM, Blogger Mur said...

I've been driving with the top down this whole week...even at night!

 
At 7/18/2005 9:09 PM, Blogger VirtualErn said...

Isn't it great?!? Took a detour this weekend out through Marsh Creek Road and found myself in the middle of nowhere -- it was so hot but the breeze was good and the roads were curvy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home