Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Everything's Gone Green

As I'm waiting for this crappy Windows video capture software to finish downloading clips, I'll spend a few minutes putting up some useless bits into the ether... Sunday's racing was unbelievably excellent. Not only did Nicky Hayden put on a dominating flag-to-flag win for his first ever MotoGP win, I won yet another carne asada burrito from Randy. That makes three!! First two from back-to-back wins at subsequent D1 events and now this. I honestly couldn't believe that Hayden won it -- I was just making a total longshot bet. But hey! Victory is mine! heheheh. For a taste of the weekend's festivities, check this out (it's a rather slow download, so be patient). I can't wait til next year.

So...lessons learned from video taping my first motorsports event:
  1. Let the audio levels ride right into the red. The audio subsystem can handle a bit of overloading without much distortion.
  2. Leave the mics at home. The built in mic is just fine, and the core sounds are much too bulky.
  3. Need a telephoto. The 10x zoom is just OK, but there were spots when it would've been super cool to have something stronger, especially when filming all the grid activities.
  4. Need a unipod. The optical image stabilizer is pretty nifty, but at full zoom, there's still a bit of queasiness
  5. Pay attention to the record indicator! I've blown some shots because I left the camera on in the wrong state. Canon should've rigged a better record trigger.

Man, this Sex and the City show is just hi-larious. I need to go visit New York again. I can't believe it's been 16 years since I've been back there. I wonder how clean it is now.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

At 7/14/2005 10:14 AM, Blogger Mighty Mom said...

I've got the whole collection of Sex and the City if you'd like to borrow!

 
At 7/14/2005 11:10 AM, Blogger VirtualErn said...

Hm...I just might take you up on that offer, we'll see...I have a hard enough time watching movies let alone a TV series. Heh, it might turn into that one summer when I stayed up all week watching the entire Initial D series. :)

 
At 7/14/2005 4:28 PM, Blogger Randy said...

ha! i did that with initial d. also made us late for the bayanihan show in santa rosa.

 
At 7/14/2005 5:14 PM, Blogger VirtualErn said...

Yeah, made us miss the whole mountain suite!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home