Saturday, September 10, 2005

Dead Man's Curve

I am so exhausted.

Couldn't get to sleep at all on Friday night -- I blame the extremely powerful yet good coffee at the Crossroads cafe (thanks for the tip, OJ, the food was great there!). I had just one cup after my lunch, and I was completely wired all day. I'm not a regular coffee drinker so I was jacked. Spent all day Friday trying to find a place in the city -- no luck. :( Then waited up for my brother who drove up from San Diego towing his SV650. How cool is that?!? An E36 M3 towing a track bike. (On the way back from the track earlier today, a couple of guys in a passing M Coupe caught sight of our caravan and started filming with their digital camera -- fun).

Anyways, my brother showed up a little after midnight -- Gotta love L.A. traffic...He left at 12 noon -- and immediately tried to get settled in and catch some shut eye before the track day tomorrow. With no luck. I ended up getting only 2 hours of sleep, waking up at 5 (we were supposed to leave by 5) to hit the shower and hit the road. We didn't get out until 5:30. To top it off, I underestimated the time to Laguna Seca (Elmer's trailer can't go above 70 tops) so we ended up getting there around 7:30ish -- wasn't late for the event though!

Then spent all day running around the track -- spun once :( and stopped one foot away from the wall (phew). It's all on video too. The worst part is, during grid for that session, one of the instructors walks up to my and asks, "do you need an instructor?" And the video camera catches my famous last words..."no". A few laps later, looped it exiting turn 11. Black flag.

Oh well, I had an absolute blast. What a great farewell for a wonderful car. :( Up for sale she goes next week, hopefully she'll find a new, loving home that'll treat her out with frequent visits to 9000RPM and ass-sliding-left-handers.

Can't wait for the slides to get processed, hope they turn out well.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 9/13/2005 9:22 PM, Blogger Randy said...

gonna miss the s2k. a moment of silence please...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home